The XL7000 is our top pick for your home or office.
Bottled water quality (0.5 micron) filtration for applications up to 4 GPM: standard-flow showers, tapping off risers etc.
Please note: For complete filtration of a shower or similar you will need two systems, one each for hot and cold. Hot and cold water supplies must be filtered and thereafter directed separately. The hot and cold filters are identical in construction.
For flow rates higher than the max flow rate per system, the solution is to manifold two or more of each (hot and/or cold).
The (two) high-flow carbon block cartridges used in Better Waters System 3009 offer extremely low pressure drop and maintain efficiency for optimal chlorine taste & odor reduction.
What does it take out?
- Chlorine, Chloramines, Chlorine Taste and Odor
- 0.5 micron filtration: Near total reduction of cysts (including Cryptosporidium, Giardia, etc), oxidized iron, manganese and sulfides, asbestos fibers
- Heavy duty 316L stainless steel construction for maximum durability
- 0.5 micron granular activated carbon cartridge
- Ideal for faucets supplied from hot risers
- Commercial and industrial applications
- Designed for high temperature and high pressure applications
- Ring nut closure for quick cartridge change outs
- Spring loaded knife edge seal provides positive sealing for variable length cartridges
- Mounting bracket kit included for easy installation
- Numerous gasket options for compatibility with most fluids
- Water Chemicals
- Food & Beverage Electronics
- Oil Inks / Paints / Coatings
- Coolants Pulp & Paper
Specifications & Operating Parameters:
- Maximum Operating Pressure: 300 psig (20.7 bar)
- Maximum Temperature: 180°F (82°C)
- Maximum Flow rate: 4 gpm (15 lpm)
- Cartridge dimensions: 9 3/4" L x 2 7/8" Dia. (uses two)
- System dimensions: 23 9/16" L x 3.5" Dia.
- Inlet /Outlet: 1" FNPT
- Drain: 1/8" NPT Plug
- Gaskets: Buna N (optional: EPR, Viton)
- Operating temperature range: 40 –180 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pressure reduction @ flow rate as tested by manufacturer:
- 4 psi @ 2 gpm
- 6 psi @ 4 gpm
Actual flow rates depend upon incoming pressure, fluid, viscosity, cartridge type, micron ratings and other factors.
- 316L Stainless Steel Head and Shell
- Bonded PAC filter media
- Polypropylene end caps
- Polyethylene netting
- Santoprene® gaskets
WARNING: Do not use with water that is microbiologically unsafe, or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Systems certified for cyst reduction may be used on disinfected waters that may contain filterable cysts.
NOTE: The contaminants or substances removed or reduced by this water treatment device are not necessarily in your water.
NOTE: Performance capacity depends on system design, flow rate and certain other application conditions. Certain states require system registration or certification for health-related reduction claims.
NOTE: A drinking water cartridge may contain carbon fines (very fine black powder). After installation and before using the water, follow the instructions for flushing the cartridge to remove fines.
Pharmaceutical-grade 0.2-micron membrane filtration. (See below for what this takes out.)
Reduces over 99.99% of water-borne heterotrophic bacteria as tested by 3M and verified by its laboratory.
Can be installed directly into an existing cold water supply to a sink or through a dedicated dispenser.
Estimated cartridge longevity: 12 months.
See below for NSF-certified (Standards 42 and 53) contaminant reduction claims.
Good to know
What it filters
How it works
- Use of the XL7000 to eliminate bottled water qualifies for a LEED Innovation in Design credit per US Green Building Council Credit Interpretations and Rulings CSv2.0 IDc1.
- The XL7000 meets the WELL Building Standard for filtered drinking water from the IWBI (International WELL Building Institute).
- Select VOCs
- Chlorine Taste and Odor
- Particulates Class I (including rust, manganese, sulfides, and asbestos fibers)
- Cysts (including Cryptosporidium and Giardia)
Built-in shut-off valve inside the head assembly shuts off the water flow when cartridge is removed or not locked in place.
Technical specs & product documentation
30 -125 psi
- Always allow minimum 2.5" clearance below the installed system to accommodate cartridge replacement.
Excellent value for lower cost
Maximum protection against Volatile Organic Compounds and Trihalomethanes
Ultimate Under-sink Water Filter
Look no further than the XL7000 Water Filtration System by Better Waters if you’re in search of the ultimate under-sink water filter. This remarkable system has earned its reputation as the best choice on the market, offering unrivaled filtration capabilities and a host of outstanding features. The XL7000 employs state-of-the-art technology, including advanced carbon block filters and high-performance membranes, to eliminate an extensive range of contaminants from your water supply. From chlorine and heavy metals to pesticides and pharmaceutical traces, this system ensures that every sip you take is pure and free from impurities. Its exceptional filtration efficiency is complemented by an impressive flow rate, delivering a steady stream of clean water with no compromise on convenience. Additionally, the XL7000 is designed for easy installation and maintenance, making it a user-friendly option for every household. Experience the pinnacle of under the sink water filtration with the XL7000 by Better Waters and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your water is truly pristine.